A six year old snapshot of what Carter is like right now:
He is a typical boy in the fact that he never hardly sits still. He loves to be entertained and playing or doing something. Some of his favorite things are: Super Mario to include DS or Wii, space exploration of all kinds with a focus on "the black hole", dinosaurs of all shapes and sizes, writing books and journals, science experiments, crafts that involve anything messy, rocks that might be fossils, playing with friends outside on his knees, Hershey roundup before bed every night and staying home.
His most talked about subject at school is Hershey. He loves that dog and says he wants to one day have 100 dogs. Chris and I promptly explained how expensive and time consuming that would be but he still stands by his dream. The two of them play Hershey Roundup each night before bed. Carter throws her toy down the stairs and then runs and hides. Hershey will hunt and hunt until she finds him! Even if other people are around she will still ignore us and look for Carter. It is very cute.
At home it is always about space. In fact, we are going to be re-decorating his room the first part of March with a space theme. This does not surprise me as he has his dad's scientific mind and love of the sky!
I'll leave you with this...around Valentine's Day he came home from school and said, "Mom, all the girls are in love with Justin Beaver." I sort of chuckled at the mispronounced name and was about to reply when he continued on, "I don't understand it because I think he sounds like a girl."
I gave him a big hug and a squeeze for that one. Our little American Idol judge is tougher than Simon Cowel.
T
No comments:
Post a Comment